Vocational rehabilitation is a process involving timely intervention with appropriate and adequate services based on assessed need, and which is aimed at maintaining injured workers in, or returning them to, safe, suitable and durable employment.
TRS Rehab ensure the following is achieved:
- Facilitate an early return to work
- Identify and design suitable duties for the injured worker to assist employers to provide suitable employment
- Identify and coordinate rehabilitation strategies that ensure workers are able to safely perform their duties
- Forge a link between the insurer, employer and treatment providers to ensure a focus on return to work and providing regular reviews of progress toward outcomes
- Arrange appropriate retraining and placement in alternative employment when the worker is unable to return to pre-injury duties